For millions of years, layer upon layer of earth’s materials have formed various metamorphic rock layers we now call slate, mica, and sandstone. We also know them as durable stones used for floors and patios cut only with diamond saws then mortared into place and usually grouted along the edges. Generally easy to work with, but quite heavy and improbable in many applications, these solid stones have been the only practical means of creating that real stone look. Until now…
TXTR-LITE™ is a lightweight, flexible, colorful and unique stone veneer with unlimited application possibilities. The introduction of this exciting new material addresses a large need for a flexible, adaptable, durable and weather resistant stone veneer.
TXTR-LITE™ is so revolutionary that it can be adhered over any standard building surface with our TL Adhesives™. For more information about how to use TXTR-LITE™ please contact our technical staff who will be glad to discuss your application.
Green & Sustainable
Design Green with TXTR-LITE™. Transportation cost, fuel and space are saved in normal shipping and handling compared to standard stone or tile products because of TXTR-LITE™’s lightweight and thin nature, especially when compared to standard stone or tile products.
TXTR-LITE™ is also a Sustainable Product by utilizing only what is needed from the stone quarry. Because of the unique manufacturing process, each sheet of TXTR-LITE™ represents just a thin layer of the natural stone.
Application of TXTR-LITE™ is simple and can be adhered to concrete, ceramic, wood, metal, plywood, fiberglass, backer board, tile, dry wall, MDF and Masonite®.
TXTR-LITE™ can be used indoors or outdoors for cabinetry, fascia, backsplashes, trim, columns, furniture, display materials, signage, lighting and tile surfaces.
Rich, durable, and strong TXTR-LITE™ will add color and texture to any surface it’s applied to. The very tough fiberglass composite backing of TXTR-LITE™ creates a clad structure much stronger than the original surfaces. When used as a wainscot the decorative effect is unique, bold, and durable.
Other Key Benefits
- A totally new stone veneer for indoors or out
- 10 versatile colors
- Lightweight and Green – Shipped with less cost than traditional stone
- Flexible – Can be bent to fit tight curves
- Thin Fiberglass Substrate – protects from impacts and creates a hard moisture barrier
- Easy Cutting – Can be cut with hand sheers
- Easy Adhesion with a number of construction grade adhesives
- Easy to Seal – Most standard stone or wood sealers work well and enhance colors
- Fast lay-up with large sheets saves on installation labor
- No wet saw
- Easily laminated to other substrates
- Grout - Can be post grouted for any standard grout size
- Sustainable – Utilizing only what is needed from a stone quarry